VigiTrust is very pleased to announce its new membership to Cyber Ireland.
“IDA Ireland is supporting the establishment of a National Cyber Security Cluster in Ireland, facilitated by Cork Institute of Technology. Based on industry feedback from a cyber security industry forum event held in Cork in 2017, the establishment of a national cyber security cluster was called for by industry, which would address the following objectives:
1. Skills – Sustainable generation of a critical mass of talented information security professionals
2. Innovation – Enhanced information security research and innovation between industry and academia
3. Promotion – Stronger national industry sector branding
4. Internationalization – International & business development supports
5. Collaboration – Explore opportunities for cross-industry collaboration
Cyber Ireland is based on cluster-style initiatives (operating across Europe & internationally), that have proven extremely successful in enhancing innovation, growth and competitiveness of regions, and the companies that are part of the cluster.
For the cluster to be successful, it needs to be industry-driven, fueled by third level education and supported by Government. Without the co-operation of these three pillars, the cluster cannot reach its full potential.”